Air Heat Pumps
Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps can offer higher levels of efficiency when compared to traditional home heating methods like gas or oil-fired systems. They tend to be easier to install than other methods, and are more suitable for a wide variety of properties from flats to detached houses.
And as they use the naturally available air to produce heat, they tend to be more eco-friendly and greener than traditional heating methods based on fossil fuels like gas and oil.
In rural communities without gas mains, air source heat pumps are now being recommended as a greener and more cost-effective alternative replacement for oil-fueled systems which not only rely exclusively on increasingly expensive fossil fuel, but must be pre-ordered in bulk, delivered by tanker, and stored in a bulk storage tank prior to use.
Energy Efficient **Whilst air source heap pumps require electricity to operate, they do so very efficiently. For every 1kW of electricity used to power the system, they produce on average 3kW or more of heating energy, making them at least 3 times more efficient than a standard electric, gas or oil-fueled system.
Not only does this save you money, it helps reduce your carbon footprint as well !
Heating All Year Round **The highly efficient and sophisticated air source heat pumps available today will work all year round, and many are designed to operate at temperatures as low as minus -25°C. That's equivalent to minus -13°F, which is very cold indeed.
In addition, most domestic heat pumps have a fairly long life and are built to last for 20-25 years.
Air Source Heat Pump Benefits **
- Up to 50% reduction in CO2 emissions
- At least 3 times more energy efficient than traditional heating systems
- Easy to install, self-contained external unit requiring only water & electric connections
- No gas supply, flues or ventialation required
- No need for bulk storage facilities or pre-ordering expensive fuel in advance
- Low starting current from single-phase power supply
- Low maintenance
- Operates all year round in temperatures as low as minus 25°C
- VAT reduced to only 5% for domestic installations
** Source: Mitsubishi Ecodan Heat Pumps
The eco-friendly Ecodan range of air source heat pumps from Mitsubishi provide domestic hot water and space heating, enabling you to reduce your heating costs as well as CO2 emissions.
Ecodan heat pumps are one of the most advanced, efficient heating systems available.
They produce heat by upgrading the naturally occurring energy from the air, and use this to provide heating for domestic hot water, as well as running both conventional radiator systems and underfloor heating as well.
Mechurion is an accredited Mitsubishi Ecodan installer for South Wales, and will be pleased to provide you with a quotation on request. Please call 0330 900 9003 now for more information.
Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) Information Links
- Click here for RECC website
- Click for RECC PDF Document
- Click for RECC Consumer Guide PDF leaflet
- Click for RECC Top Tips PDF leaflet
AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMPS from MECHURION
Call 0330 900 9003 for FREE Quotation